10 January 2012

Follow Your Dreams

My dream has always been to travel - to see different places of the world and experience things that I couldn't here in Los Angeles. Working full time allows me 2 weeks vacation per year - this means that I CAN follow my dream and travel to at least one new place every year! I have already decided where I want to go this summer...


Sometime between May and July (need to check weather and availability), I am going to Costa Rica for a week! Specifically, I am going to the Yoga Farm in Punta Banco. This spot and all it stands for encompasses so many things that I enjoy and am passionate about. Read...
  
The Yoga Farm is a rustic yoga center and sustainable living project located on Costa Rica's southernmost Pacific coast. Set amidst beautiful tropical rainforest, and overlooking open ocean, we are ideally located for those looking to reconnect with mind, body, and nature.
Our particular region of Costa Rica is regarded as one of the most biologically diverse places in the world and guests can expect to see an abundance of wildlife during their stay. We provide everyone who stays with us simple, comfortable accommodations, daily guided yoga classes with resident instructors, and two healthy, primarily vegetarian meals each day. A simple, local fare lunch is available as well. While life here is very much a communal affair, we encourage people to take as much time to themselves as they like.
The Yoga Farm is always working towards developing a more sustainable way of life through permaculture based design and land use. We are 100% solar powered and off the grid. We harvest both rain water and natural spring water on site. Our gardens and fruit trees supplement an ever increasing amount of our food needs and our buildings are built with natural materials in an architecture that eliminates separation from the natural beauty around us.

A tropical oasis where I can explore my body and mind? Yes, please. The pictures are incredible (see here). Per the website, this Farm is THE place for people who want to be surrounded by nature (always centers me), practice yoga (definitely open to new kinds, too!), eat healthy food (perfect), hike the forest (can't wait to see the exotic plants and wildlife), enjoy the beach (you mean, not a CA beach?!), slow down, unwind, breathe lots of fresh air and re-connect (all things that I really want to incorporate into my life more).


I don't know when I'm leaving, how much my flight will cost, or even if I will have anyone interested in joining me. But I do know that I am going. Putting it out there into the universe so that I am inspired to do more research and start aligning my finances and my mind for this trip. Actually, I am going to create a vision board to help kick off this process!


Be inspired to follow your dreams! We only get one life - so don't wait for "one day" to roll around. Sending love and actionable energy your way this evening. 




1 comment:

  1. BRILLIANT. Cheers to planning. You know I'd love to go with you. I'm gonna make a vision board and see if we can make this happen together :)

    ReplyDelete