19 January 2012

#15: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

 Sometimes I find myself worrying about little things throughout the day or over-thinking a small task I need to get done. Today's tip helps to end the drawn out anxiety we may fuel...
Set aside a specific time to worry each day. Ponder all of your problems and anxieties during that time so that they will not distract you during work or moments of pleasure. This way you can be extremely efficient with your time and avoid focusing on negative things as much as possible. If you get all of your worry out of the way and have the mental fortitude to keep from reverting back to them, you will be much happier on the daily.
I really like this idea - if you are going to worry, get it all out, and then be DONE with it. When I go on a walk or a hike in the morning, I tend to go through my list of things to do and get my jitters out then. It helps to be grounded in a nature-filled setting, sometimes with some inspiring music (if not just listening to the world around you). If you aren't a morning exerciser (I've been doing yoga at night lately), you can take at least 20 minutes on a lunch break, between classes, or whenever you have to take a breather to just unravel your thoughts. Look at the things you need to do (whether on a hand-written list, on the device of your choice, a visual to-do list) and commit to being actionable. Be realistic with yourself in the amount of time and resources you will need to complete the task. Write in errands on your calendar and set aside time for yourself to be productive in whatever you have on your plate. My friend and I like to go to a cute cafe with a notepad and/or laptop and just bang out things we need to do for the week (pay bills, research various topics or events). Think about what routine you can get into to help get all of  your worries out for the day! If you have a method that works particularly well for you, please share below!

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment