05 January 2012

#10: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

Funny how these seem to pop up on the precise days that I need them most! I guess it's a combination of the fact that all of these tips apply to every day, and the energy pulling me towards needing a boost.
Don’t take life so seriously! Learn to laugh at the little things and this whole "existence" thing will be a whole lot easier. Be amused by your mistakes and failures and be thankful that you learned your lesson and won't mess up like that again. And most importantly, do things that you enjoy! Life is not strictly business, it can be mixed with pleasure.
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed thing morning and rolled out kicking and screaming. I could have ruined my whole day if I kept that attitude up. Luckily I have people in my life who can see my mistakes and remind me that no mistake is really that big of a deal. We are still here aren't we? Well, then there is a lot more living to do, and a lot less pouting and regretting. It's such an art to be able to laugh at ourselves in times of failure and weakness. But if we are staying present, those "times" really don't last that long (they certainly don't really exist the length of a whole morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment