30 January 2012

#18: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

While I haven't read either of these recommended books (yet), I did a little research and am definitely interested in the overall concepts that these books explore: recreating ourselves and committing to making changes within to work towards changing the world at large. Amazon.com, here I come!
Read “Bringers of Light” and “Conversations with God” by Neale Donald Walsch. These books will help you decide what you want to do in this life and how to get to that point. They will also profoundly change the way you look at the purpose of existence. Read them!
Here are some little excerpts about the books - they seem to be companion books:

Conversations with God, Book 1 was the start of Neale Donald Walsch's ongoing dialogue with God. The trilogy contains the most essential truths and lessons for spiritual seekers, and these books are the bestselling of all the author's works.

All of the concepts found in Conversations with God revolve, ultimately, around a central theme. The purpose of life is to re-create yourself anew. This book takes that insight and renders it functional. Between these covers is a step-by-step exploration of the process of recreation, complete with assignments and exercises. Based on one of the most astonishing books of our time, Conversations with God.

I am definitely looking forward to getting immersed in the Conversations with God trilogy, followed by the succinct  "Bringers of Light" book. I find myself cynical and skeptical about religion, so much so that sometimes I think it inhibits my spirituality a bit. This series would be a great way to open my mind again to the idea of the greater energy that exists in the world and how to really be our best selves for the sake of our well being and that of all people. In my opinion, being open to the possibility of new beginnings and transformations of what "was" are the most beautiful things one can master. 

No comments:

Post a Comment