26 January 2012

#17: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

Funny that this should be the next tip to post about, considering I didn't get to bed until 3am last night!
Sleep less. Fully adjusting to a new sleep cycle can take up to 21 days, so don’t give up if you feel tired after switching to 5-hour nights. The “required” 8 hour/night is for normal people. Figure out how much sleep YOU really need and adjust accordingly. As enjoyable as sleep is, waking existence is much more fulfilling and efficient. IF this really sparks your interest, check out alternate sleep cycles with which you can be fine off of 2 hours of sleep per day.
Yes, talking into the early hours of the morn' sounded so much nicer than crawling into bed. But, for long term health, isn't ample sleep a huge necessity? This is something that I need to do more research on before I start guessing at it. If any of you AVID readers have some hard facts, please enlighten us! Because what is good for the mind and heart (talking to someone lovely into the usual sleep hours) may not be what is good for the body overall (more sleep?). TBC...

1 comment:

  1. I always thought I was a solid 8+ hour person, but recently I have been feeling totally rested and rejuvenated at 5:30am... on 7 hours of sleep... enlightening for me!

    ReplyDelete