15 February 2012

The Secret Language of Birthdays

While spending the weekend with my grandparents, I found a gem-of-a-book nestled among their vast collection of interesting reads. The Secret Language of Birthdays by Gary and Aron Goldschneider. I loved it so much that I ordered a copy for myself on Amazon.
Combining astrology, numerology, and pure psychic intuition, The Secret Language of Birthdays is a wholly unique compilation that reveals one's strengths, weaknesses, and major issues while providing practical advice on spiritual guidance. 
If you are at all interested in the dynamics of personality, I think you will really enjoy this book. Every day of the year has a two-page spread with a description of the personality, strengths, weaknesses, advice and more of people born on that date. It's eerie how accurate it is for the 10-15 people I tried it on. Note that depending on the time of day you were born, you may identify more with the previous or following day of your birth (for example, I was born at 10:52pm on Feb 5th, and therefore identify more with the description for Feb 6thers). Of course, not everything will always be dead on. But it's another wonderful way to open up your mind and to ask questions about who you are as a person. You may discover things about yourself that you never realized and/or decide to prioritize certain aspects of who you are, while downplaying other ones. (From my pages, I was reminded of how important acceptance is to me. My instinct was to seek out this acceptance and confirmation of worthiness from other people, and therefore I had been making my happiness and fulfilledness the responsibilty of others. What a terrible way to live! But if I flip around my perspective and instead prioritize gleaning acceptance from within, then I can satisfy this deep need while remaining self-empowered). 

This book is also interesting for the purpose of delving deeper into the functionality of your relationships with others. After reading the pages of friends and family members, I was able to see why we are so compatible, or conversely, why we may butt heads. Since I am extremely interested in the astrological compatibility of people, I also purchased The Secret Language of Relationships. I can't WAIT to get this book in the mail.

If you want to see an excerpt of what this book says about YOUR birth date, go here: http://www.thesecretlanguage.com/birthdays/

The site doesn't have all of the details that the book does, but it should still give you a taste. There is also a birth date matching site under the Relationships tab. Check it out.

Let me know what you think when you check out your birth date on the site! (P.s. feel free to come over and check out my books when I get them in the mail!)

Just a side note that it's important to look at these kinds of readings and tools as inspirational, not critical. Don't try to fit into every description like a jacket that's too small. Get comfortable with "holding up the mirror" to yourself and accepting what you see in the reflection. Work on the parts that inhibit your ability to love and accept yourself and others. Embrace the parts that open your heart. I honestly believe that we can do ANYTHING that we set our hearts and minds to. You just have to genuinely want it bad enough (and want it more than you want to talk about doing it).

No comments:

Post a Comment