21 February 2012

#22: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

Travel. Anyone who has ever gone anywhere will tell you that traveling is one of the most exciting and life-changing activities that you can do. Observing a different culture will expand your mind while making you further appreciate the life you already live. This goes back to becoming an explorer: this world is your jungle, so go explore! Who knows, maybe you’ll find a place you love so much that you decide to move. Imagine the positive repercussions a new environment could have on your life.
I cannot wait to experience my first trip out of the country this summer! I feel like my mind lives in a very small, confined box of the <10 states I've been to. It's seen pictures and heard stories of beautiful, mysterious places, and it's growing antsy to actually experience them first hand. Especially since I've cracked my world open to incredible new possibilities, I am raring to travel more than ever. I want to breathe the air of a new place. I want to talk to people I never dreamed I would meet. I want to hear native languages and taste cultural foods. I want to feel the dirt of somewhere new between my toes. I want to learn about different traditions and beliefs, which may try my own and/or inspire new ones in my life. I want to hear new sounds - feel a new location's energy and rhythm. Euphoria washes over me at the thought of such wonders! Brazil and Argentina, my heart skips a beat when I imagine our introduction.

I love what today's tip says about the possibility of falling in love with a place so much that you even consider moving there. These are the kinds of things that many of us don't even consider. What IF you actually loved somewhere more than you love LA? PLEASE. I imagine that is extremely easy to do. What IF you chose to live your life without such rigidity and stale expectations? What IF you didn't confine yourself to what is comfortable and easily accessible? The idea of starting a'fresh in a completely new place sounds terrifyingly exciting (the best kind of excitement there is). Disney Latino, here I come?! I am open. 

Where are you going to travel? I'm sure you have a whole list of places you want to travel... but where ARE you going? Make room in your life to explore the unknown and taste the fruit of a new place. I believe it nourishes the soul (and I haven't even left yet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment