09 February 2012

#20: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

This is a nice way to wake up on the RIGHT side of the bed, every morning!
Start your day off right. Wake up and set aside an hour for personal development activities (meditation, self-introspection, observing nature, etc.) Do the things that make you feel blissful, optimistic, and empowered so that you can set a positive tone for your day. I guarantee that once you start doing this, your days will be more enjoyable and fulfilling. Today is going to be the best day of your life. Duh.
The morning really does feel so much nicer when you can take your time getting ready, soak in the sun a little bit, and possibly get all of your "worrying" out of the way. The days that I rush out of bed to get dressed and fly into my car, I feel like that all day - go, go, go... oops, forgot to smell the roses. I hate those days. When I used to wake up early to go hiking in my neighborhood, I always felt so much more centered and awake for the day by the time I needed to get into my car and start the day's grind. Taking in some nature and/or having a cup of tea in my kitchen without any time crunch is so soothing before a busy day. My only excuse for not doing this every morning is lack of sleep. So I just need to get into bed earlier to have that blissful morning. I can do that!What are your favorite morning musings?(love this song to start a relaxed morning)

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of waking up a bit earlier to enjoy some "me" time. Especially if I begin starting to work out at night, the crunch of the day might be alleviated by a nicer morning routine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete