11 December 2011

#1: 50 Life Secrets and Tips

A friend just recently introduced me to StumbleUpon, and I've been finding some real gems! One of them being "50 Life Secrets and Tips." I agree with 90% of them...more about that later. I thought I would share one every once in a while and offer some examples or further thoughts. Let me know if you find these helpful and/or if you start to practice them! Happy Sunday!
1. Memorize something everyday. Not only will this leave your brain sharp and your memory functioning, you will also have a huge library of quotes to bust out at any moment. Poetry, sayings, and philosophies are your best options.
This is a great one! It forces you to spend some time with yourself and pick something that is meaningful and inspiring to commit to memory. Who doesn't like to whip out a quote or saying as advice or when it fits into a conversation? I have been working on memorizing some quotes and phrases from my current favorite book, Kindred Spirit: Fulfilling Love's Promise. Today I am choosing to really meditate on this phrase:
"Speak in a way that lands in another’s world like an opportunity."
Try on these thoughts below... (my Kindred Spirit book is written in the first person so that you can read it as your own thoughts. I decided to do the same.) 


I will be more mindful with my words. They really can cut like knives (and sometimes I use them anyways, knowing that they will hurt). I am committed to opening the door for others with gracious words. I will really think before I speak. Others cannot truly feel my emotions or really see things from my perspective, but they can definitely hear my words. I will speak in a way that lands in another's world like an opportunity - an opportunity to grow, to share, to make a request, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment