20 June 2012

Live YOUR Life

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs

I have this quote posted at my desk at work. Each day I read this, it reminds me to look inside myself and ask what is it that my gut is guiding me towards. Sometimes I find it hard to find that balance between listening to others' advice (especially those who are truly offering it up for altruistic reasons) and following what my heart wants. Like anyone, I can be hasty in my decisions and leap before I look ahead to see a place to land. My friends and family are good at tipping me off, but sometimes we need to experience that drop to stay true to our intuition. After such a fall, the Universe is most always waiting to deliver a lesson or to hold up the mirror so that we can more clearly see the answers to our questions. And as we dust off the soot and patch up the tears, we are stronger for it and better equipped for our next challenge.

 

I think that it's always wise to listen to the advice of others - really listen and consider what they are offering - but that we should still prioritize our own inner voice. I am less apt to drown in a pool of regret or resentment after making a decision when I follow my heart. It's true what Steve Jobs says - your heart and intuition "somehow" DO already know what we want to become and what it is that we want to achieve. The Universe taps into our hearts and gives us cues, and the planets pull on our spirits to help guide us. Learning how to let those things steer us, rather than molding to what others in our life may expect or what society seems to suggest, is the key to pure happiness. It is what gives us a sense of control in our lives and it empowers us to accept responsibility for our own happiness and success, however you define those things. Be true to YOU and always strive to be what you envision for yourself.

 

Here's a song that lifts my spirit today. Enjoy!


Florence + The Machine - Spectrum (Maya Jane Coles Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment