04 May 2016

Off the Leash

When's the last time you let yourself off the hook? Really let yourself off the leash you've attached to your wild spirit, and let your body and your mind run free?

TUT's Notes from the Universe recently reminded me:


The only person who should ever have to live by your standards, Tiffany, is you. 
Let everyone else off the hook. Besides, it's doubtful they've lived as much, dreamt as big, or will ever be able to saunter quite like you.  
Tallyho,  
The Universe
Ps.And while you're at it, Tiffany, let yourself off the hook every now and then. Your sashay is already legendary.

Chances are that if you keep yourself on a tight leash, you probably also strong-arm others into heeling, trotting at your pace, and playing by your rules. Cut yourself some slack. And let others do their thing, too. We are all on our own journey, and it need not look or feel the same as that of others.

Part of me letting myself off the leash today was writing this short, important post. I would typically wait until I had more to say, or a better developed insight to share. But sometimes more is less. And sharing always feels good. So here ya go. 

Feel free to leave your collar at the door. Nobody owns you but you




I have lived my life so perfectly
Kept to all my lines so carefully
I'd lose everything so I can sing
Hallelujah, I'm free
I'm free, I'm free
I'm free, I'm free
Hallelujah, I'm free

Gritting your teeth, you hold onto me
It's never enough, I'm never complete
Tell me to prove, expect me to lose
I push it away, I'm trying to move
Hoping for more, and wishing for less
When I didn't care was when I did best
I'm desperate to run, I'm desperate to leave
If I lose it all, at least I'll be free



No comments:

Post a Comment